A Paw Pack, is a food backpack, that goes home every Friday during the school year. The Goal is to provide enough food to replace the meals that children would receive at school (e.g. two breakfast options, two lunch options, two snack options, one fruit cup, and one juice). Royse City ISD, has a 46% free and reduced lunch rate – we have work with school counselors to identify children that likely only eat at school.
Luna Burke and associates has exceeded our pledged to Feed 60 children this school year,!
We are currently feeding OVER 70 children since our program began in September 2018, and plan to expand the program until every need is met!
We picked the name PACK, because we are Parents, Actively, Choosing, Kindness!
The Paw Pack program is run 100% by volunteers!
2 Breakfast options
2 Lunch options
1 Fruit cup
We know the need goes further than just food. Our assistance program allows us to step in and provide, field trip money, snow cone money, lice kits, jackets, shoes - all things that our teachers usually buy with their own money!
Not only does a Paw Pack, include food, but also the following.
• There is 1 breakfast & 1 lunch, that does NOT require water.
• All child friendly food, that does not require adult supervision to prepare.
• Food will be distributed weekly in small quantities to help prevent the sell of food.
• Every bag will also include personal care items, every 6 weeks. (Eg: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant (pending age & need) soap, travel size shampoo and conditioner.
• Every week, there will be uplifting notes, positive affirmations and words of encouragement in English and Spanish.